Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hello Friends and Neighbors,
Tonight I want to pick up from yesterdays's sermon on who is the Christ? Who is Jesus? The first thing I wanted to speak on is something I call Bible Authoritarianism. What this means is that in the Bible, the "Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth", a little side ways humor, is not just a book, but a way of life. It gives instruction on everything from raising children to how to spend your finances, to how to treat your fellow man. The trouble I see most these days is a Humanistic Authoritarianism with a Bible cover pasted on it. I've read the Bible, studied it, and no where in the Bible does it say, trust in the Lord and you will get a new Mercedes. I've never read a passage of scripture that promised, give your life to Christ and you will be the CEO of Intel. The world although many forget is occupied by many religions, the most corrupt of these is Selfwillness. I see it everytime I turn on the Christian networks throughout the week. Now I'm not saying all of the Evangelical movements out there are bad, but the Jesus I serve doesn't give a tidly wink about money, or power, or stuff. He's going to return and create his own kingdom. I don't think he will need a 50" Sanyo bigscreen to do it. For many Pastors and church organizations, this is the only way they can pack pews on Sunday. Practice entertainment religion backed up by Selfwillness and you have a full house.Their sermons speak of the Holy Spirit providing you wealth, security, not a single worry in the world. However I say if you believe this read Matthew 5:10-12 "Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness sake; Blessed are ye when men revile you and persecute you and say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake, rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in Heaven. For so it was with the Prophets before you."

It doesn't say believe and all shall be great. Peace will come in the spirit, but surelly suffering and persecustion as well. Peace comes from knowing the world and all it's troubles have no hold over you. That's when the inner joy and faithfullness of the Lord is worth five hundred Mercedes Benzes. One verse that comes to mind right now is 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 which reads,
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight  of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen(the everlasting word of the Lord-his love and promise) are eternal

I leave you with this simple thought tonight. A short sermon but one I wanted to instill. Think on and we will continue tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment